Thursday, October 4, 2012

Light the Night

So its Wednesday and we walked the Light the Night for the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society that my husbands best friend organized. I had a great time, everyone held lit up balloons & some people even released their golden "In Memory" balloons into the sky, it looked so pretty, magical even. It was beautiful. I honestly had an amazing time, it was a night to remember & meant a lot to me now going through this ordeal. I want to say that today was 'overall' great, it just got crummy at night.

Earlier in the day, I ran my usual errands with my husband & he drove me to the gym because I have been having an issue with my ankles (due to the tapering down of my medicine). Usually I walk to the gym, but I didn't want to risk my ankles any further in preparation for the festivities at night. I had a great workout, my ankle even felt better. I then walked home & my ankle was okay. We went to Light the Night & the ankle did not bother me much until later in the night when it was close to going home. By the time I arrived home I was limping pretty bad but could walk, only slowly. I relaxed in bed, both legs elevated (because my right leg had started to feel bad too). As I prepared to go to bed I decided to go to the bathroom before bed because I knew it would be hard to walk in the middle of the night. OH my Lordy! My ankles were terrible, much worse than I thought, I could not even stand on them. I tried for a few minutes to get the right footing but it hurt so much. I had to get help from my husband who literally lifted me to the toilet & as he did I started to cry because it scared me to think that this could be my future.

I never want to get to that point. I loathe R.A., what it does to my body AND mind. The word inFLAMED best describes the horrible swelling that ruins my joints. Ugh how I hate it. That bathroom experience was one of the worst I've ever had. My ankles have only ever been that bad maybe 3-4x in my past. I guess tonight was one of those unfortunate nights My plans to go to the museum with my aunt & uncle tomorrow are not going to happen. No gym either. At least I can re-watch episodes of The Office all day. Watching super hero movies & comedies tends to cheer me up in moments like these.

No comments: